The Contrinex TRU-C23 photoelectric sensor is ideally suited for the presence control of transparent objects. Its patented technology uses UV light. Since transparent materials like plastic or glass absorb large amounts of polarized UV light, it is very easy to set the threshold at which the sensor switches. This makes commissioning much easier. The shape or thickness of the target has no influence on detection. In addition, sensor performance is unaffected by dirt, water drops or aging. Multiple switching for the same object is eliminated.
The sensor system comprises an LED that emits polarized UV light and a reflector made of special materials suitable for UV. Overall, the sensor’s operating range is around 1200 mm. Special optics with autocollimation ensure reliable detection and no blind zone, even close to the sensor or through a small notch.
The housing, which measures only 30 x 20 x 10 mm, is compatible with the entire C23 series as well as comparable devices. The IO-Link interface also provides the important additional benefit of remote commissioning, diagnostics and parameterization as standard and at no extra cost. Sensors are Ecolab tested and approved, rated to IP67 and reliably withstand common industrial cleaning processes.
Typical fields of application can be found in the food, pharmaceutical and packaging industries, for example when filling glass or plastic bottles, packing in plastic or when the detection of clear packaging film is required.
- Extremely reliable detection thanks to strong absorption of UV light by plastic and glass material
- Easy sensor set-up, even for thinnest transparent objects
- Low environmental sensitivity minimizes threshold adjustments and maximizes uptime
- Autocollimated, polarized UV light beam eliminates blind zone, allowing detection of targets close to the sensor or through a small notch
- Sensing range up to 1200 mm
- Adjustment by teach button or IO-Link
- Mutual interference immunity
- Enclosure rating IP67, Ecolab approved