Continuous investment in manufacturing automation brings with it a corresponding demand for increasingly sophisticated controls. Since modern factories often run ‘lights-out’ with minimal human oversight, ensuring the safety of operational personnel is always a priority. In the era of Industry 4.0, built-in protection for staff assumes ever-greater importance in automated process-control system design; ultra-reliable, maintenance-free safety devices must maintain safe working conditions at all times, and especially when physical intervention is required.
The new YSM and YSR series of magnetic and RFID safety sensors from Contrinex offer new possibilities to process engineers who need affordable, versatile, high-performance safety sensors for door monitoring and related applications. These extremely compact, ECOLAB®-certified devices, rated up to EN/ISO 13849-1 Category 4, Performance Level (PL) e, are ideal for hazardous installations as diverse as robotic cells, industrial presses, laser cutters and welders, food-processing equipment, injection molding machines and automated packaging lines.
• Fit-and-forget operation from ultra-reliable, maintenance-free safety devices
• Highly flexible positioning as switching distances extend up to 18 mm
• Ease of installation with extremely compact 36 x 26 x 13 mm housings
Specific product advantages
• Simple wiring with optional pre-wired M12 connectors or 8-core 0.25mm2 cable
• Highly resilient safety devices rated up to EN/ISO 13849-1 Category 4, PL e
• Ideal for harsh environments with IP67 (EN 60529) and IP6K9K (ISO 20653) ratings
• Suitable for washdown areas with ECOLAB® approval
• High-temperature operation as standard up to 80oC (YSM) or 70oC (YSR)
Safety Magnetic Sensors YSM-xxK4-MxxN-xxxx
Safety RFID Sensors YSR-xxK4-xESE-xxxx