Swiss sensor specialist Contrinex has equipped its C44 inductive sensors with an IO-Link interface. These cubic devices with a rotatable head and IP68/IP69K protection rating offer extraordinary flexibility, long sensor life and IoT compatibility for a variety of applications.
The rotatable head of C44 inductive sensors allows them to be turned in five directions, providing maximum flexibility during installation. Tool-free mounting minimizes installation time and four LEDs indicate operating status. Connection is through an integral M12 connector.
An extended operating temperature of -25 °C to +85 °C (-13 °F to +185 °F) and IP68/IP69K protection rating ensure reliable switching, even in harsh environments. Thanks to operating distances up to 40 mm, mechanical damage can be practically eliminated. The C44 is not only ideal for use in the automotive industry and conveyor systems, but also for outdoor applications such as port facilities or fairground rides.
Moreover, C44 sensors are IO-Link-enabled as standard at no extra cost. The user decides whether to operate them in conventional or IO-Link mode. Since sensor and wiring remain identical in both cases, no additional costs are incurred for stock-keeping or validation.
Advantages at a glance
• Long operating distance up to 40 mm
• Highly flexible, reliable and economical
• Rotatable sensing face, mountable in five directions
• Fast, tool-free mounting
• Suitable for harsh environments and temperatures from -25 °C to +85 °C (-13 °F to +185 °F)
• Long life, especially in applications with temperature fluctuations and vibrations
• High switching frequencies, reliable switching
• Changeover outputs
• 4 LED indicators
• IO-Link interface