Equipped with Contrinex’s exclusive ASIC technology and featuring IO-Link connectivity, these robust devices take tough environments in their stride
You’ll love these tough new additions to our tried-and-tested standard photoelectric range, introducing M12M and M18M metal-cased sensors that reinforce our highly regarded M18P plastic-bodied series. Featuring the same exclusive ASIC technology as their plastic-bodied counterparts, M12M and M18M devices are available in diffuse, reflex, through-beam and background-suppression (M18M only) variants, offering best-in-class sensing distances at highly competitive prices.
With Ecolab approval, M18P photoelectric sensors are already a popular choice for process engineers in the food and beverage sector. The new M12M and M18M devices not only deliver the same proven sensing capability and resistance to washdown and process fluids*, they bring additional robustness to the table for environments where mechanical shock and excessive vibration are factors. With rugged chrome-plated brass (M12M) and stainless steel (M18M) housings as well as shatter-resistant PMMA optics, these new metal-bodied sensors are at home in the harshest environments.
Full IO-Link functionality is a no-cost option on M12M and M18M sensors (PNP versions), allowing real-time access to process data as well as functionalities that include user-configurable outputs, sensitivity adjustment, event flags, dual-channel operation and sensor-temperature measurement. With sensing distances up to 1.2 m (diffuse mode), 7 m (reflex mode), 30 m (through-beam mode) and 250 mm (background-suppression mode), designers now have more choice, more performance and more protection.
Designed with the needs of OEMs and system integrators in mind, these new M12M and M18M metal-bodied photoelectric sensors offer cost-effective yet highly capable solutions across multiple industry sectors, together with ultimate peace of mind.
*Ecolab approval pending on M12M and M18M devices
Advantages at a glance
- Robust new metal-bodied M12M and M18M photoelectric sensors offer increased protection in the harshest environments
- Shatter-resistant PMMA optics are lighter and tougher than glass with a focused beam on all versions
- New sensors with chrome-plated brass (M12M) and stainless steel (M18M) housings devices are resistant to washdown and process fluids
- Exclusive ASIC technology delivers compact design with superior sensing performance
- Best-in-class sensing distances ensure maximum flexibility for designers
- User-configurable devices with IO-Link functionality are ideal for easy integration
- Unrivalled price/performance ratio offers exceptional value for money
- Comprehensive range of cables and mounting brackets available
- Enhanced −25°C to +65°C operating range